Friday, January 10, 2014

I Resent that Remark(eting) [BoB]

Attention Brand Marketing and Sales Directors:

True, I abandoned your shopping cart twice now and haven’t downloaded a thing…ever.

Maybe I just don’t want what you have to sell.

However, if you have correctly determined that I am truly a potential customer, for Pete’s sake, make me a great offer of valuable information or...simply a great offer. And don’t give up so easily!


“I resent performing for frisking idiots who don't know anything.” (Nod to John Lennon)


Way back in 1997, Jorn Barger coined the term "blog" as a shortened form of "web log." After 16 years, I finally decided it was time for something new and coined the term "BoB," short for "web observation."  BoBs consist of a short observation about marketing—ALL MARKETING...inbound, outbound, digital, traditional...ALL of it.

And,  a famous quote that helps to “stamp” the observation into the reader’s mind. Add a relevant link and appropriate graphic…maybe even a well-known “BoB” graphic and that’s all there is to it.

No comments :

Post a Comment